Do you have an app?
We often get asked the question if we have an app for iPhone or Android. The answer is both yes and no. No, we don’t have a native iPhone or Android app yet, but we do have a progressive web app (PWA) which is fully mobile compatible.
That means you can add Hello Club to your device’s home screen and run it just like any other app.
This allows us to make the full set of features from our platform available to anyone on any device, and roll out new updates much faster, without having to maintain three different apps.
So how do I add the app to my home screen?
To add the Hello Club app icon to the home screen of your device:
- Login to Hello Club on your phone or tablet
- Click on your avatar in the top right corner of the screen
- In the menu that shows up, look for the Add Hello Club to home screen button:
Once you click this, your device will ask you to confirm that you want to add Hello Club to your home screen. Just follow the prompts and you should see the Hello Club icon appear on your device shortly.
The button isn’t showing up for me!
If the Add to home screen button doesn’t show up for you, don’t worry: browsers have specific rules around when you are able to install a progressive web app to your home screen.
One of these rules is that you need to visit the site twice, with at least 5 minutes in between the two visits. So just keep using Hello Club on your phone or come back later, and the button should appear at this stage.
If you still don’t see the button, it may be that you were prompted to add Hello Club to your home screen before but dismissed it. In that case, you can try to empty your browser cache and cookies and then refresh the app again, which should prompt the button to appear again.
Adding the app to the home screen on iPhone or iPad
If you are using an iPhone or iPad and the button to add Hello Club to your home screen doesn't show up for you, you can also try the following method:
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
- Navigate to the Hello Club web app.
- Tap the Share icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the list of actions and tap Add to Home Screen.
- If you don't see the action, scroll to the bottom and tap Edit Actions, then tap Add next to the Add to Home Screen action. After that, you'll be able to select it from the share options.
- Type a name for the app link, e.g. Hello Club.
- Tap Add in the top-right corner of the screen.
So will there ever be a native app?
Yes, we’re looking at building a native app at some stage, but don’t have a definitive timeline in place yet. Our progressive web app is fully mobile compatible and can be used on any device in the meantime.